Here are my top five picks for must-have smart home technologies.
Today I want to share five smart home devices that I think you’d love to have as an addition to your home. Whether you’re thinking of buying a home and want to know what to install or you’ve been in your house for years and just want to improve your experience, here are my top five recommendations:
1. Nest thermostat. There are other brands of smart thermostats, but Nest has been my favorite. It’s user-friendly and does what you need it to without giving you a ton of confusing and unnecessary options. It has the capacity to change the temperature of your home when you’re gone and lets you change settings while you’re sitting in bed at night. Even better, it’s not much more expensive than your average thermostat.
2. The myQ garage opener. The Chamberlain myQ remote garage door opening system operates from an app on your phone that allows you to do all sorts of things. For example, you can open the garage door for a repairman to fix something while you’re away or when you lose your keys. It also alerts you when you’ve left your garage door open, so it’s great for those who have a penchant for forgetting things like that.
3. Rachio sprinkler system. This is a phenomenal product that I’ve had on our current house for over six years now. It’s as simple as installing it where your normal sprinkler controller box would be and downloading an app on your phone. It allows you to set a schedule to run the sprinklers, and it even checks the weather every day to allow you to schedule your sprinklers accordingly. No more relying on inaccurate rain gauges in the yard!
4. Ring doorbell and floodlights. Many people have a video doorbell these days. The Ring is my favorite; their app is great, and they also have a motion-detection floodlight system I enjoy. When something triggers the motion sensor, the floodlights come on, and the camera begins recording. That allows you to keep an eye on things while you’re away and record certain funny moments.
5. Magic Light Wi-Fi bulbs. We put these in the lamps around the house. As long as you have a Wi-Fi connection, you’re able to control when the lights come on from your phone. The app allows you to change the brightness and color of the bulb, and you can sync the lights to music.
If you have any questions or would like further recommendations for smart home technology, don’t hesitate to reach out to us by phone or email. We’d love to hear from you!